Settling in sessions for you and your child
Starting nursery is a big step for you and your child so we want to make sure you are both ready for your new adventure and are familiar with our staff and other children. Therefore, we work with you to create a settling-in programme before starting so you can meet our team while your little one can have a play and meet their new friends.
These are some just some of the things that will be discussed during the sessions:
- We will discuss how we will assess your child and how we will feed back about your child’s day and their progress.
- We will discuss the security procedures if you wish someone else to collect your child.
- We will discuss health care plans if appropriate.
- You will have chance to complete and discuss your child’s “All About Me” form with the key worker so we can find out what your child’s likes, dislikes and routines are.
- We will run through routines and activities.
- You will have the chance to go through and request a copy of our Company Policies and Procedures.
- It is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions
The welfare and protection of every child in our care is of paramount importance; we therefore have strict procedures in place when it comes to mobile phones, photography and the collection of children from Minibugs please see our Safeguarding Policy for further information.
What to bring with you
We ask that each child comes to the nursery and preschool with sufficient and suitable clothing for their daily needs and that all clothes are clearly labelled. Clothing should be suitable for the weather conditions at the time so that children can fully participate in all indoor and outdoor activities.
Parents of babies and children who are not fully toilet trained should provide enough nappies and wipes to last the day.
We also kindly ask that children do not bring valuable items with them, as we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage.